Our waxed canvas jackets and vests are some of our toughest products, but even they require care (and maybe cleaning if you are into it).
Here are some instructions for cleaning and maintaining your waxed canvas jackets and vests.
- Gently rinse the jacket/vest with cold water to remove loose dirt and wet it for the next step.
- Next use a clean scrub brush to get off any dirt or mud sticking to the jacket/vest.
- For more stubborn dirt and stains you can use a mild canvas cleaner, flake soap, or even a little saddle soap to remove them.
- Let the jacket/vest air dry, ideally in a cool spot out of the sunlight.
If you feel like your jacket can use a fresh coat of wax we have a few extra steps.
- Take some canvas wax, a bar or tin of it will do, and apply gently over the surface of your jacket. A bar can be applied directly or use a washed/non-dyed rag for a tin for application.
- Use your fingers to work in and excess wax around the seems or you can use a soft brush.
- If you want the wax to set in you can let it warm up in the sun or use a hair dryer to set the wax in. After the wax is set in you can apply addition coats.
Please keep in mind that waxed canvas will pick develop a patina over time and that is natural to the canvas.
If you need any help finding care products for your waxed canvas jacket or vest you can find some HERE.